Amid the news of the COVID-19 coronavirus, we’ve decided to keep Alpha campuses closed until further notice.
However, we are not extending spring break. We will begin Session 4 on March 23rd in “remote” mode, starting with a focus on Core Skills — the most basic component of the Alpha program. Our unique usage of adaptive technology and our students’ self-agency allow us to effectively transition into “remote” mode. In short, campuses will be closed, but school will go on.
Alpha is well prepared
Every student and family will receive a detailed note from their lead guide with specifics on how remote school will function. There will also be a corresponding webpage for further reference. Here are the high-level details:
- Students and staff will work from home
- Students who don’t have their computers will be able to pick them up from campus on Monday, March 23rd, 8am-12pm
- We’ll focus solely on Core Skills for the first week
- Guides will be available weekdays from 8:30 AM — 4:00 PM
- Every student will have a set video chat check-in point with a guide daily
- Motivational models and incentives will be altered, but students will continue to have goals (daily/weekly/session) per normal
Parents, please look for more details from your student’s Lead Guide later this week. In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Please be safe.